ISAP2020 Student Design Contest Guidelines
ISAP2020 Student Design Contest (SDC) will be held for the first time in the history of ISAPs during the 2020 International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP2020), Osaka, Japan, from October 26 (Monday) through 30 (Friday), 2020. The aim of ISAP SDC is to promote student innovation and creative activities in antennas, propagation, and the related research fields. Excellent designs will be awarded at the buffet party of the ISAP2020 and the 1st winners will receive cash awards!
The ISAP2020 SDC has three contest categories of A. Antenna Design, B. Localization of RF Sources, and C. Inverse Problem. Guidelines to apply for the ISAP2020 SDC are as follows.
Due to the worldwide spread of the COVID-19, important dates for the ISAP2020 SDC has been rescheduled as follows.
Cash Awards for the 1st winners!
|A. Antenna Design||200,000JPY|
|B. Localization of RF Sources||200,000JPY|
|C. Inverse Problem||100,000JPY|
Important Dates (Updated)
|Deadline for SDC Application|
|Notification of Finalists|
|Deadline for SDC Registration of Finalists|
|Deadline for Final Design Submission||September 30, 2020|
|On-site Competition||October 27 – 29, 2020|
- The team consists of 1 to 4 student(s).
- All members must be full-time students.
- Each team can be advised by a professional mentor such as a professor, researcher, or engineer in an industry.
- No member should be involved in more than one team for each category. (Members can join in more than one category.)
Application and Judgment Process
- The team must submit an application form to the SDC secretariat via E-mail by
March 27May 31, 2020. The application form must include information of the team, a summary of a preliminary design or a proposal, and a confirmation letter from a mentor/supervisor. The supervisor must verify that all team members are full-time students at a university, college, or technical school, and also must agree that the team participates in the SDC. See the following detailed instructions of each category to make the application form. The application form must be submitted in A4-sized PDF format up to 3 pages (including the confirmation letter). Use the template that can be downloaded at the SDC web site http://www.isap2020.org/sdc.html. It is noted that the ISAP2020 will not offer any financial support for the teams to apply the SDC.
- The SDC committee will select finalists based on the above application form. The judgment result will be notified via an E-mail by
May 29July 21, 2020.
- The finalists must make a registration for the SDC by
July 31August 31, 2020. A registration form for the SDC can be downloaded at the SDC web site. The SDC registration for the finalists is free of charge.
If the participants would make a presentation in technical sessions during ISAP2020, they must additionally register with the conference and pay a separate registration fee.
- The finalists must submit their final design or solution via E-mail by September 30, 2020. In addition, the finalists must participate in the on-site competition during the ISAP2020. See the following detailed instruction for each category. Use the same template file as the application form to submit the final design or solution. The on-site competitions will be held at the ISAP2020 venue according to the following schedule.
Time Schedule of On-Site Competitions Category Date and Time A. Antenna Design Oct. 27 PM, 2020 B. Localization of RF Sources Oct. 28, 2020 C. Inverse Problem Oct. 29 AM, 2020
- Winners will be selected based on achieved performance of their design or solution and quality of written materials.
- The winners in each category will be awarded at the buffet party of the ISAP2020. The finalists will be expected to attend the buffet party of the ISAP2020. One buffet party ticket will be provided per team. If two or more members would join the buffet party, they have to buy additional buffet party tickets. The 1st winner of each category will receive a certificate and the above cash award!
Detailed Instructions of Each Category
How to Submit Materials
The application form, the registration form for the SDC, the final design, and questions should be sent to the SDC secretariat (isap-sdc20(a)mail.ieice.org) by E-mail. (Please use the above e-mail address by replacing (a) with @.)